Looking for extending an indoor kitchen outside your house? Is your car getting dirty and steaming hot under the wrath of the raging sun in summers and snow covered in winters? How about a low-maintenance swimming pool just outside with minimal expenditure and maximum fun?The search for all your requirements ends with second hand shipping containers melbourne!Why choose shipping containers?Some of the top purposes for buying shipping containers are cargo storage and transport, expansion or renovation of house, construction of residential or commercial projects or fire safety training to name a few. The reason why shipping containers meet requirements in all these conditions are as follows:
- Prefabricated – These containers being pre-fabricated in standard sizes help in ease during planning and implementation.
- Save time – The fact that fabrication or making time is eliminated, saves time
- Cheaper – Use of shipping containers is cheaper than getting new construction done
- Less man-power- A normal construction utilizes abundant human resources for its various aspects , whereas shipping containers being pre-fabricated only need to be installed in the allocated place.
- Environment friendly – Shipping containers are reusable, thus decrease the waste production and also water utilization during the process of construction is minimized.How are shipping containers manufactured?Shipping containers are mostly made of corrugated steel sheets which constitute the top and the sides. The top may be closed with a hinged door to give access into the container.
Types of shipping containersShipping containers are available in a variety of sizes and materials to choose from. The usual size range is 10 feet to 50 feet. The most common material used for making shipping containers is steel. A special type of steel trademarked as “Corten steel” is a type of corrosion resistant steel which has become popular for making shipping containers. This type of steel is usually used as a component of outdoor sculptures, bridges, etc. These containers are available in other materials such as aluminium or other fibre reinforced polymers, however, these materials are much less popular than steel. How to buy a shipping container?Usually, shipping container sales are carried out in dedicated markets. One can find new shipping containers for sale in various shops. The internet has also made buying of used shipping containers for sale by means of exclusive websites for selling these products.
Maintenance of shipping containersCorten steel containers with ceramic layer are virtually rust proof and require minimal care. Regular lubrication of all hinges , bars and locks keeps them in smooth functioning. If you are using a container for storage, keep some space to allow air circulation and prevent dampening and condensation.